Monday, October 22, 2007

Thing 2

I love that the author says that lifelong learning is attitudinal, that is a huge truth. I find it easy to accept problems as challenges, that is an approach that I try to embrace each day in every aspect of life. It makes dealing with this wacky world much easier. If you have a challenge it is easier to overcome than a problem for some reason. I think the biggest challenge will be to create my own toolbox of resources. I have confidence in myself as a learner, but the quote that really hit me between the eyes was "don't say it or think it, unless you want it to be true" I think that this is a very powerful statement. Don't put an idea or thought out there if you can't or won't get behind it.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

It's so funny that your easiest thing to accept was my hardest! "Accepting problems as challenges" is something I'm tripping over right and left this year, and it's really been getting to me lately. But I've been trying to be positive and make changes instead of just pouting (which never does anybody any good, and only looks cute for about a second on a 48 year old woman . . .), and today I saw those actions begin to make a difference. Vive la difference! or something like that. Anyway, I'm putting on the boxing gloves and striking out at the challenges! =-)