Saturday, January 26, 2008

Thing 12

I spent quite a bit of time with social networking sites. I had never spent time with any of them before today. I found some friends from college in Facebook. I like that you can keep information private. I can see where you could have problems with unknown people etc. asking to be your friend. I would not be comfortable letting a teenager on there without monitoring their accounts & posts. There are to many crazies out there.I really like the idea if Ning the best I like that it can be a public or private network. A private network would be best if you were utilizing social networking in a school setting. I think a school faculty could utilize the network & perhaps it could be used as a way to communicate with parents. You would have to have the entire staff on board & willing to work on it together to maintain their page. It could get very complicated. I can see that Ning is going to be the next big wave because of the privacy & the branding the site affords. The fee a site where you control all of the real estate is nominal making it obtainable to the small business & the not for profit.

No comments: