Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing 9

It is amazing the amount of information that is literally at the tip of your fingers. You can find an expert on anything & that is something you must keep in mind as you are blogging. You are not always assured of a person's identity. You have to be certain where the information & opinions are coming from. Always check the source.

In my beginning attempts at blogging I find that I prefer Google Reader & Google Blog Search. I am certain that it has to do with familiarity. These are very familiar in format & I found them easy to navigate. Looking at other suggested sites such as Topix & Technorati, I felt somewhat intimidated or perhaps overwhelmed is a better term& had a more difficult time wading through all of the information & figuring out what to do next or where I wanted to go.

The feeds that I have subscribed to are my favorite columns from School Library Journal; Non-Fiction Matters & Practically Paradise, The Top Shelf is another super blog, & Blue Skunk by library guru Dog Johnson. I also subscribed to the School Library Bogs on Superglu. I am seeing lots of repeat material in just a short amount of time with this one, so I will need to watch it to see if I might want to unsubscribe to something.

An interesting way to find new blogs to look at is to check the blogs you subscribe to for their favorite blogs. What's the saying...Birds of a feather flock together. I am still having to get the hang of it all.

Now I have to check it! When I do I am sure that it will lead me to great discoveries.

No comments: