Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thing 4

Oh boy! I'm back. This fall has been insanely busy & I have put this on the back burner. BIG mistake. Oh well here I go.
A blog could be a great way to engage student's in reading & thinking. Once students have read a book they can reflect on what they read & how they felt about the book. They could recommend it to friends or tell people not to bother.
You could use a blog to post about events in the library or to give instructions for research similar to what we are doing. You could share pictures of classes & things going on in the library.
It could be a great way to introduce new materials or purchases in the libraryto teachers & students, you could highlight authors or link to websites.
I think it has more possiblities than a website because there could be many contributors.

3 comments:

Zeeburt said...

I'm right there with you! We CAN do this. It's really fun once you get back into it. I, too, was insanely busy and kept putting it off. Pretty soon, it looked like Mt. Everest. But I'm back in the game and I'll push toward the finish with you!

Brittney said...

Welcome Back! There are so fun "things" headed your way...

I agree with you about the endless possibilities of a blog and how it has more "potential" than wesbites because there can be multiple contributors. I haven't started a blog for anything other than the 23 things but I am always thinking of ways to use one, whether it be for school or my personal life.

Teresa said...

Hey, girl! I'm excited that you're back in the game! Go for it! Just work a little at a time and it will all fall into place for you. I've been amazed at how much I've learned through all this, and how less intimidated I am towards technology now because of this exercise.