Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing19

The first thing I really need to look at with flow charts & mind maps is the difference between the 2. Flow Charts are a great organizational tool that can aide anyone who needs to understand how something functions or is organized. A mind maps greatest value seems to be of the greatest value to the person or persons who create them. I think it can help you get your thoughts organized to a point that you might need a flow chart.

I have tried Gliffy before & I found it to be confusing/frustrating to use so I was not inclined to go back to it. I took a look @ FlowChart.com & found it be simpler & more inviting to the user. The most awesome thing about this program is that you can work with another person in real time to tweak a chart. You don't have to email & make phone calls or call a meeting to get done. This could be a great way to collaborate with teachers.

I also made a mind map with bubbl.us.com. This is another great tool for collaboration, You can go in before a meeting & get ideas & get them on paper before hand, than that part of the work is out of the way. I think it could cut out some wasted time & allow less domineering people to contribute a little more comfortably.
This kind of document could allow for more focused thinking & less wasted time on chit-chat. this could really be helpful for research because it would make the teachers see what they need to in addition to what the librarian does in the research cycle.

No comments: