Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing 20

I have had sooo much fun with You Tube. I can see how people get addicted to it. There are a ton of things that are NOT worth the space that they take up. on the other hand there is some really great stuff. The Tidy Bol commericial reminded me of when I was a kid. I had a great belly laugh watching some stuff this afternoon. I am really surprised that no one came looking to see what was going on.

You tube could be a great way to support curriculum or find author interviews like the one that I found and embedded in my blog. I would never turn a kid loose on You Tube, If I used something like this in the library I would download it first. Robert Sabuda is a favorite of mine & the kids absolutely love his work. I had 3 of the Prehistorica pop-up books last year & I am finally taking them out of circulation. The kids have begged me not to, but they are literally in pieces. Take a look at the video of his interview.

3 comments:

mmw said...

Unfortunately it isn't easy to download videos from YouTube and save them to your computer as they are. You have to use some type of file converter, such as Zamzar.com, in order to do it.

CoolLibrarian said...

What a great video for helping kids get to know an author. There are many good things on YouTube, but you are right that some things are not cool for school. Great work!

Teresa said...

Very cool! Good choice! I was fascinated by Zabuda!