Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 16

Wikki's are fun and very useful. I can see why Mary W. moved Policies & Procedures to a wikki. It's so much easier to update.

A Wikki would be great for teacher's that have wanted a class webpage but has not felt like they had the time to take one on. Posting is very simple & adding bells & whistles is straightforward. If you run into a snag you have a ton of help at your fingertips!!! Get it Fingertips!!! Corny, but it made me giggle.

A Wikki has a definate place in the library! I want to do one but right now I am so overwhelmed with getting this finished I will have to wait just a bit to make a good plan for it. I don't want a wikki just to have a wikki. I want it to be a tool that teachers & students will utilize. The most obvious use is in research.

Another Idea is for student's to post their writing for others to read. I think that if they knew that someone else would read it besides their teacher they might put some real effort into it.

No comments: