Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thing 18

There is so much out there to explore & utilize. you just have to get out & figure out what you need or want. I thin the Web 2.0 awards are a great service to people on the look out/ It brings the best to the forefront & has people looking at sites they might never have considered.

I was pleased to find out that I am a frequent user of one of these great sites Pandora. Pandora is a music preview/player. I have been using it for quite some time now. In fact I went back to it froma an several month absence & it has greatly improved. I have several radio stations of artists that I enjoy already on file. I don't recal having the genre selection before. If it was there before, I had not noticed it. It is much easier to use and things are loading MUCH quicker> I know that Pandora has had issues copyright & royalties in the past. I know that for a while that people were trying to force it to shut down, but Pandora has prevailed thus far.

Another Web 2.0 site that I really liked was a mashup called CoverPop.com. It takes covers of books, magazines, & photos & mashes them up together into on picture. I love that every cover is linked to Amazon.com for more detailed information. My favorite mashup was Kids books. There were between 300-350 books that kids should read.

I want to add this sit to del.icio.us so that I can refer back to it later on.

2 comments:

mmw said...

I'm not familiar with either one of those sites - thanks for pointing them out.

learninglou said...

I did go and look at CoverPop and did the Science Fiction Magazines. It was great how when you clicked on the magazine it would appear and another click and it showed you the information. It was great.